Harry Pure was appointed to the Athletic Director position in 1960, where he helped advance the department and associated programs. Pure instituted a multi-course physical education program, an intramural program, and eventually fourteen collegiate sports programs. He gained acceptance into the Middle Atlantic Conference, NCAP, and the ECAC. Pure was instrumental in the formation of North Atlantic and Little Apple Basketball Conferences, as well as the Philadelphia Soccer Seven. He assisted in raising funds for the development of the following: the soccer, baseball and field hockey fields, in addition to the tennis courts, the Hershorn Fitness Center in Hughes Gym, and the Serra Training Room. Pure coached several sports at Philadelphia “Textile” University. In 1992, he was awarded the Eastern Collegiate Athletic Conference and the Distinguished Service Award for Outstanding Service to Inter-Collegiate Sports (1958-1994).