NEW HAVEN, Conn. – Junior Josh Bradanese of the Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) men's basketball team was named the CACC Men's Basketball Defensive Player of the Week. In addition, fellow junior Kylan Guerra earned on a spot on the conference's weekly honor roll. The news was announced by the Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference on Monday afternoon.
The men went 2-0 on the opening weekend with a neutral site win over American International on Saturday, 66-61, before overcoming a 17-point deficit on Sunday in the 72-68 win at Merrimack.
JOSH BRADANESE – CACC DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEKS
- Notched 11 rebounds, six blocks and three steals on a 2-0 season-opening weekend
- Saturday win vs. American International: Bradanese connected on 5-of-12 with two three-pointers as he finished with 14 points, four rebounds, three blocks, three assists and two steals.
- Sunday win at Merrimack: Bradanese scored 13 points with seven rebounds, a team-high four assists, a game-high three blocks and one steal.
-Saturday win vs. American International: Guerra led the game with 17 points while adding four rebounds and two assists. Guerra went 7-of-12 from the field and 1-of-3 from deep. He scored 15 of his 17 points in the second half.
- Sunday win at Merrimack: Guerra dropped 12 points in the effort with four rebounds, a game-high three steals and two assists.
MEN'S BASKETBALL CACC WEEKLY AWARDS IN 2018
- CACC Defensive Player of the Week – November 12
- CACC Honor Roll – November 12