RUTHERFORD, N.J. - The Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) men's basketball team (8-6, 3-2 CACC) have its first three-game win streak of the campaign after an 87-71 triumph at Felician (3-8, 1-3 CACC) in conference action on Saturday.
The Rams dominated the first half, outscoring the Golden Falcons, 52-29 and outshooting them, 58.3% (21-of-36) to 30.0% (12-of-40). Jefferson led 19-9 at the 13:47 mark then broke the game open with a 13-0 run to take a commanding 32-9 advantage (10:17). The Rams had their largest lead of the period at 26 (48-22) after junior DeVaughn Mallory's jumper with 2:10 on the clock and they were ahead 52-29 at the intermission. Jefferson was never in danger of losing the lead in the second half and led by as many as 28 (70-42) after a three by junior Kylan Guerra (13:23).
BY THE NUMBERS
- Sophomore Alexander Gorton went off for a career-high 32 points on 11-of-21 shooting, including 5-for-10 from three-point range.
- Mallory finished with 21 points and 11 rebounds for his second straight double-double and fourth of the year.
- Junior Josh Bradanese contributed with 12 points, seven boards, four assists and three blocks.
- Guerra and junior Prince Hickson each tallied 11 points with Guerra dishing nine assists.
AS A TEAM
- The Rams shot 48.5% (32-for-66) on field goals, 38.1% (8-for-21) on three-pointers and 68.2% (15-for-22) at the foul line.
- All 87 Jefferson points came from the five starters.
- The Rams' 19 assists were a season high.
- It was the fourth time this year that all five Rams' starters scored in double figures. Jefferson is 4-0 in those games.
- Gorton is the first Ram to go for 30 points since Jordan DeCicco (30 at Chestnut Hill, 12/10/2016).
- The Rams now lead the series against Felician, 14-5 and they are 6-2 on the road. Jefferson has won nine consecutive matchups overall and are on a six-game win streak at Felician.
- The victory was the 1,082nd of head coach Herb Magee's career.
Jefferson Men's Basketball heads to Chestnut Hill for another conference game on Tuesday, January 8 at 8 p.m. The Rams took both meetings from the Griffins in 2017-18, including a 78-75 road triumph.