NEW HAVEN, Conn. – Junior DeVaughn Mallory of the Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) men's basketball team was named the CACC Player of the Week on February 4. In addition, freshman Deondre Bourne earned a spot on the CACC Honor Roll. The news was announced by the Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference on Monday afternoon.
The men defeated Wilmington (Del.), 97-94 in overtime on Wednesday night. It was the ninth straight win for the Rams.
DEVAUGHN MALLORY – CACC PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Mallory posted a career-high 28 points on 9-of-17 shooting and 15 rebounds against the Wildcats. It was his ninth double-double of the year and his seventh in the last eight games. Mallory added three blocks and three assists. He ranks second in the conference in rebounding (9.3 rpg), fourth in field goal percentage (55.1%) and ninth in scoring (17.1 ppg).
Wednesday vs. Wilmington (Del.): 23 points (7-of-13 shooting), four assists, three rebounds, one steal and one block.
MEN'S BASKETBALL CACC WEEKLY AWARDS IN 2018
- CACC Player of the Week – February 4
- CACC Co-Player of the Week – December 31
- CACC Defensive Player of the Week – November 12
- CACC Rookie of the Week – November 26
- CACC Honor Roll – February 4
- CACC Honor Roll – January 28
- CACC Honor Roll – January 21
- CACC Honor Roll – January 14
- CACC Honor Roll – January 7
- CACC Honor Roll – December 17
- CACC Honor Roll – December 10
- CACC Honor Roll – November 26
- CACC Honor Roll – November 19
- CACC Honor Roll – November 12