NEW HAVEN, Conn. – Freshman Deondre Bourne of the Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) men's basketball team was named the CACC Rookie of the Week for the second time this season on February 11. In addition, junior DeVaughn Mallory earned a spot on the CACC Honor Roll. The news was announced by the Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference on Monday afternoon.
The men won two games to increase their current win streak to 11 contests. The Rams topped USciences, 73-52 and Dominican (N.Y.), 78-71.
DEONDRE BOURNE – CACC ROOKIE OF THE WEEK
Bourne led the team with 22.5 points per game over the two contests. He opened the week with a team-high 20 points on 5-of-12 shooting, 4-of-6 from three, four assists, three rebounds and one block against USciences. Bourne then recorded the first double-double of his career with season highs of 25 points and 11 boards versus Dominican. The rookie was 7-for-12 from the field with a pair of treys and he also added two steals.
Tuesday at USciences: six points and eight rebounds
Saturday vs. Dominican (N.Y.): 26 points (11-of-14 shooting), nine rebounds and one assist
MEN'S BASKETBALL CACC WEEKLY AWARDS IN 2018
- CACC Player of the Week – February 4
- CACC Co-Player of the Week – December 31
- CACC Defensive Player of the Week – November 12
- CACC Rookie of the Week – February 11
- CACC Rookie of the Week – November 26
- CACC Honor Roll – February 11
- CACC Honor Roll – February 4
- CACC Honor Roll – January 28
- CACC Honor Roll – January 21
- CACC Honor Roll – January 14
- CACC Honor Roll – January 7
- CACC Honor Roll – December 17
- CACC Honor Roll – December 10
- CACC Honor Roll – November 26
- CACC Honor Roll – November 19
- CACC Honor Roll – November 12