PHILADELPHIA – The Philadelphia University men's tennis team was defeated by Chestnut Hill College 8-1 in a Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) match Thursday afternoon on the Abraham Salaman Tennis Courts.
Liviu Trifoi (Wyomissing, Pa./Wyomissing) picked up the Rams' lone point as he defeated Lucas Bocaletto in the No. 3 singles match 6-3, 6-0. Trifoi notched his seventh win of the season, fifth at No. 3.
Philadelphia is now 8-6 overall after losing for the first time in three matches. The Rams are 2-2 against the CACC. Chestnut Hill—second in the NCAA Division II East Region Rankings—improves to 10-5 overall, 4-0 in CACC play.
The Rams conclude conference play with a trip to Post University on Saturday, April 15 at 1 p.m.
CHESTNUT HILL 8, PHILADELPHIA U. 1
1. Pierre Kohler (CHC) def. Luis Molina Megias (PHI) 6-2, 6-1
2. Felix Andre (CHC) def. Oskar Haedicke (PHI) 6-3, 6-4
3. Liviu Trifoi (PHI) def. Lucas Bocaletto (CHC) 6-3, 6-0
4. Jonathan Ducretot (CHC) def. Jacobo Atri (PHI) 6-3, 6-1
5. Antoine Gautier (CHC) def. Joseph Sison (PHI) 6-4, 6-4
6. Victor Iove (CHC) def. Juan Velosa (PHI) 6-3, 6-1
1. Kohler/Ducretot (CHC) def. Molina Megias/Haedicke (PHI) 8-4
2. Bocaletto/Regalin (CHC) def. Trifoi/Sison (PHI) 8-2
3. Andre/Gautier (CHC) def. Sean DeBlasio/Atri (PHI) 8-4
Philadelphia U. 8-6, 2-2 CACC
Chestnut Hill 10-5, 4-0 CACC