PHILADELPHIA – The Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) men's tennis team (2-4) dropped a nonconference match from the Legacy Tennis Center in Philadelphia, Pa. on Friday afternoon by a final of 7-2 to the NYIT Bears (4-0).
The Rams won 2 of 3 in doubles matches including the No. 1 and 3 doubles pairings, but the Bears took all six singles matches for the win.
1. Oskar Haedicke/Luis Molina Megias (JEFFMTEN) def. Caldas, Francisco/Cook, Maxton (NYIT) 9-7
2. Selecky, Matej/Huynh, Kevin (NYIT) def. Joseph Sison/Jacobo Atri (JEFFMTEN) 9-8 (7-4)
3. Joao Pedro Molina Marcal/Liviu Trifoi (JEFFMTEN) def. Ispas, Rares/Kehyayan, Jean (NYIT) 8-6
1. Selecky, Matej (NYIT) def. Oskar Haedicke (JEFFMTEN) 6-1, 6-0
2. Caldas, Francisco (NYIT) def. Liviu Trifoi (JEFFMTEN) 6-3, 6-3
3. Ispas, Rares (NYIT) def. Luis Molina Megias (JEFFMTEN) 6-4, 6-4
4. Cook, Maxton (NYIT) def. Joao Pedro Molina Marcal (JEFFMTEN) 6-3, 6-1
5. Fernandez, Sergio (NYIT) def. Jacobo Atri (JEFFMTEN) 1-6, 6-1, 10-5
6. Huynh, Kevin (NYIT) def. Joseph Sison (JEFFMTEN) 6-3, 6-0
ORDER OF FINISH
Doubles: 3, 2, 1
Singles: 1, 6, 5, 2, 4, 3
Jefferson Men's Tennis returns to action on Sunday, March 18 at noon with District of Columbia. The home match is set to be played outdoors on campus with a backup location of Legacy Tennis Center in the case of bad weather.