LAKEWOOD, N.J. – The Thomas Jefferson University women's basketball team (4-6, 1-1 CACC) dropped its conference game at Georgian Court (2-6, 1-2 CACC), 93-82 on Thursday.
The teams were tied at four early in the opening quarter. The Rams went on a 12-3 run to take a 16-7 lead. Jefferson was in front 20-13 when the Lions rallied for eight straight points to go ahead. Georgian Court had the upper hand by a 23-22 score after the first.
The Lions held a 32-31 advantage in the second when the Rams posted 10 consecutive points for a 41-32 lead. Freshman Emily Keehfuss scored eight of the 10 points. GCU then had a 10-0 run of its own to go back ahead. The Lions led 44-43 at halftime.
Jefferson started the third with seven points to make the score 50-44. The score was even at 60 with 2:46 to go in the frame when Georgian Court tallied nine of 11 to make it 69-62. The Lions led 69-66 going into the final period.
It was a five-point game (80-75) in favor of GCU with 4:01 left. The Lions bumped it up to 10 with a layup and three foul shots. The Rams cut the deficit to eight (87-79) at the 2:26 mark but Georgian Court pulled away with six points in a row before Jefferson's last bucket with 25 seconds remaining.
BY THE NUMBERS
- Junior Allie Warren posted a career-high 21 points, on 9-of-13 shooting, and six rebounds.
- Freshman Haley Meinel recorded 14 points and was 6-for-4 from the floor.
- Senior Alynna Williams totaled 13 points, four rebounds and four assists.
- Sophomore Maddie Haney contributed with nine points and four boards.
- Freshman Morgan Robinson chipped in with six points, six rebounds and five assists.
AS A TEAM
- The Rams shot 43.2% (32-for-74) from the field, 38.9% (7-for-18) from three-point range and 61.1% (11-for-18) from the line.
- Jefferson scored 29 points off of 19 Lions' turnovers.
The Rams visit Holy Family on Saturday, December 21 at 12 p.m.