PHILADELPHIA – The Philadelphia University women's tennis team opened its 2016 fall season with a 7-2 loss to Holy Family in a non-conference match Friday afternoon on the Union League Tennis Courts.
Katleyn High and Emily Zygmunt won Philadelphia's first point of the year as the duo teamed up for an 8-3 victory at No. 3 doubles against Meghan Moyer and Latifah Hinawy.
The Rams dropped the other double matches by an 8-6 score.
In singles action, Mariana Sampaio squeaked by Christina Little 9-8 (7-5) in the to claim her first win of the campaign.
Philadelphia heads to New York to take on Molloy in a non-conference match on Saturday, Sept. 3 at noon.
HOLY FAMILY 7, PHILADELPHIA U. 2
1. Anastasiya Kolodiy (HFU) def. Jala Hamada (PHI) 6-4, 6-1
2. Sophie Beck (HFU) def. Linde Zwaan (PHI) 7-5, 7-5
1. Kolodiy/Beck (HFU) def. Hamada/Zwaan (PHI) 8-6
2. Adams/Little (HFU) def. Sampaio/Baublitz (PHI) 8-6
3. Katelyn High/Zygmunt (PHI) def. Moyer/Hinawy (HFU) 8-3