PHILADELPHIA – The Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) women's tennis team (4-4, 0-3 CACC) dropped a 5-4 decision to the University of the Sciences (3-2, 2-2 CACC) on Saturday afternoon from the Abraham J. Salaman Tennis Courts.
The Rams led 2-1 heading into the singles portion of the match after Marta Yevstakhevych and Lauren Candia won their No. 1 doubles match and Katelyn High and Lindsey McDonough turned in a win from their No. 3 match.
Jefferson led 4-2 in the match after singles wins by Candia at the No. 2 and Millie Coombes from the No. 4. But the Devils closed out the match by winning the remaining three matches from the No. 3, 6 and 1 spots, in that order of finish.
1. Karla Miletic (USCI_W) def. Marta Yevstakhevych (JEFFWTEN) 4-6, 6-1, 6-4
2. Lauren Candia (JEFFWTEN) def. Elkanah Linder (USCI_W) 6-2, 6-1
3. Danielle Paran (USCI_W) def. Usha Baublitz (JEFFWTEN) 6-2, 6-3
4. Millie Coombes (JEFFWTEN) def. Abbygail Gamarnik (USCI_W) 6-2, 7-5
5. Julia James (USCI_W) def. Lindsey McDonough (JEFFWTEN) 6-3, 6-1
6. Han Le (USCI_W) def. Eryn Nguyen (JEFFWTEN) 6-1, 5-7, 6-1
1. Marta Yevstakhevych/Lauren Candia (JEFFWTEN) def. Karla Miletic/Abbygail Gamarnik (USCI_W) 8-4
2. Danielle Paran/Elkanah Linder (USCI_W) def. Millie Coombes/Usha Baublitz (JEFFWTEN) 8-5
3. Katelyn High/Lindsey McDonough (JEFFWTEN) def. Jillyan Serrano/Gabrielle Soriano (USCI_W) 9-7
ORDER OF FINISH
Doubles - 1,2,3
Singles - 2,5,4,3,6,1
Jefferson Women's Tennis returns to action on Tuesday, Oct. 3 at Caldwell for a conference matchup before playing at Cabrini on Thursday, Oct. 5 in a nonconference matchup.