PHILADELPHIA – The Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) women's tennis team (9-6) fell to the USciences Devils (7-4) in a first round matchup in the CACC Championship, 5-3.
Candia went on to win her No. 2 singles match, though it was the only singles match that the Rams would win.
1. Marta Yevstakhevych/Lauren Candia (JEFFWTEN) def. Karla Miletic/Abbygail Gamarnik (USCI_W) 9-7
2. Danielle Paran/Elkanah Linder (USCI_W) def. Millie Coombes/Lindsey McDonough (JEFFWTEN) 8-2
3. Usha Baublitz/Katelyn High (JEFFWTEN) def. Han Le/Jillyan Serrano (USCI_W) 8-5
1. Karla Miletic (USCI_W) def. Marta Yevstakhevych (JEFFWTEN) 6-1, 6-3
2. Lauren Candia (JEFFWTEN) def. Elkanah Linder (USCI_W) 6-0, 6-3
3. Abbygail Gamarnik (USCI_W) def. Millie Coombes (JEFFWTEN) 7-5, 6-3
4. Danielle Paran (USCI_W) def. Usha Baublitz (JEFFWTEN) 6-1, 6-2
5. Julia James (USCI_W) def. Lindsey McDonough (JEFFWTEN) 6-1, 6-2
6. Jillyan Serrano (USCI_W) vs. Eryn Nguyen (JEFFWTEN) 2-6, 2-3, unfinished
ORDER OF FINISH
Doubles (3,2,1); Singles (1,2,3,5,4)
ENDING THE FALL
The loss ends Jefferson's fall season.