PHILADELPHIA – The Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) women's tennis team (2-2, 0-1 CACC) was edged by USciences (1-1, 1-0 CACC) in its conference opener on Saturday.
The Rams captured the doubles point and won at third and fourth singles to take a 3-0 lead. However, the Devils were victorious in the final four singles matches to come back for the win.
1. Stephanie Mazurek (USCI-W) def. Marta Yevstakhevych (JEFFWTEN) 6-4, 6-3
2. Myka Williams (USCI-W) def. Chang Wei (JEFFWTEN) 6-4, 7-6 (7-4)
3. Ines Blanc (JEFFWTEN) def. Danielle Paran (USCI-W) 6-1, 6-3
4. Millie Coombes (JEFFWTEN) def. Myra Anwar (USCI-W) 6-4, 6-3
5. Diana Sosonkin (USCI-W) def. Katelyn High (JEFFWTEN) 7-5, 6-0
6. Julia James (USCI-W) def. Eryn Nguyen (JEFFWTEN) 6-4, 6-3
1. Chang Wei/Millie Coombes (JEFFWTEN) def. Stephanie Mazurek/Myka Williams (USCI-W) 6-3
2. Katelyn High/Ines Blanc (JEFFWTEN) def. Diana Sosonkin/Myra Anwar (USCI-W) 6-3
3. Eryn Nguyen/Marta Yevstakhevych (JEFFWTEN) def. Julia James/Danielle Paran (USCI-W) 6-2
- Yevstakhevych earned her 40th overall victory as a Ram (13 singles, 27 doubles).
- High picked up her 30th career doubles win.
The Rams host Goldey-Beacom on Wednesday, September 25 at 3:30 p.m.