PHILADELPHIA – The Thomas Jefferson University women's tennis team (7-5, 5-3 CACC) won its fifth straight conference match with a 7-0 blanking of Dominican (N.Y.) (3-10, 2-7 CACC) on Wednesday.
1. Chang Wei (JEFFWTEN) def. Paula Gutierrez (DOMIN-W) 6-2, 6-2
2. Marta Yevstakhevych (JEFFWTEN) def. Isha Mbaye (DOMIN-W) 6-1, 6-3
3. Millie Coombes (JEFFWTEN) def. Nora Frederick (DOMIN-W) 7-6 (7-3), 6-1
4. Eryn Nguyen (JEFFWTEN) def. Elizabeth Hixson (DOMIN-W) 2-6, 7-5, 10-7
5. Katelyn High (JEFFWTEN) def. Joana Ndunduma (DOMIN-W) 6-4, 6-4
6. Elisa Hardeski (JEFFWTEN) def. Joanna Spano (DOMIN-W) 6-0, 6-0
1. Isha Mbaye/Elizabeth Hixson (DOMIN-W) def. Millie Coombes/Marta Yevstakhevych (JEFFWTEN) 6-4
2. Chang Wei/Katelyn High (JEFFWTEN) def. Nora Frederick/Joana Ndunduma (DOMIN-W) 7-5
3. Eryn Nguyen/Elisa Hardeski (JEFFWTEN) def. Paula Gutierrez/Kendra Saintel (DOMIN-W) 7-5
- Nguyen recorded her 30th overall career victory (20 singles, 10 doubles).
- The Rams have won three straight home matches and are 5-2 in East Falls this season.
The Rams are currently fourth in the CACC standings with one match to play. Concordia (N.Y.), Goldey-Beacom and USciences have secured the first, second and third seeds in the conference tournament respectively. Post, Chestnut Hill and Wilmington (Del.) are vying for the final two spots in the CACC Tournament.
The Rams play a non-conference match at St. Thomas Aquinas on Thursday, October 17 at 3 p.m.