WATERBURY, Conn. – The Thomas Jefferson University volleyball team (10-7, 5-3 CACC) earned a 3-1 victory at conference opponent Post (1-19, 1-8 CACC) on Saturday afternoon.
The Rams trailed 2-1 in the opening set but rallied for the next five points to go ahead 6-2. The closest that the Eagles came for the rest of the set was two as Jefferson held Post off for a 25-19 win.
In the second, the Rams were in front 9-6 before the Eagles went on a 9-0 run for a 15-9 advantage. Later, Post led 19-17 when Jefferson flipped the script with an 8-2 stretch to steal the stanza, 25-21.
The Rams jumped out to a 4-0 lead in the third. The Eagles came back to even the score at seven before Jefferson took a three-point edge (10-7). With the Rams on top 18-16, Post notched four consecutive points and the score was 20-18. After Jefferson tied it at 22, the Eagles landed three points in a row to take the set, 25-22.
The Rams recovered in the fourth and dominated the frame, leaping out to a 5-0 lead. They hit .256 in the set, their highest percentage of the match, and Post struggled at a .029 rate. Jefferson never trailed in the stanza and led by as many as 11. The Eagles were able to get within three at 23-20 but the Rams recorded the next two points to clinch the match.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- Junior Cassandra Hickman totaled a team-high 11 kills with junior Abigail Kress adding 10. Kress also had 13 digs.
- Seniors Mariah Cadzow and Ariana Rosario and junior Logan Dontell produced nine kills apiece.
- Sophomore Molly Hand tallied 39 assists and 12 digs.
- Senior Alexis Leddy chipped in with 11 digs.
- Leddy climbed into third place on the program's all-time digs list with 1,357. She passed Emily Krauss (1,354; 2004-07).
- Junior Caitlin Crespo reached 800 career digs in the match. She now has 808.
- The win marked Jefferson's fourth straight against Post.
Jefferson returns to the Gallagher Center to face Georgian Court on Wednesday, October 16 at 6 p.m. The Rams fell to the Lions in Lakewood, 3-1 on September 28.