ORANGEBURG, N.Y. – The Thomas Jefferson University volleyball team (11-8, 6-4 CACC) defeated host Dominican (N.Y.) (0-16, 0-10 CACC), 3-0 in a CACC match on Saturday afternoon.
The Rams fell behind early but came back to even the score at six before taking a 10-7 lead. Jefferson was ahead 16-11 but the Chargers went on a 6-3 run to cut the deficit to two. The Rams followed with six of the next seven points to take the set, 25-18.
Jefferson started well in the second, jumping out to a 6-1 advantage. Dominican rallied back within one (9-8) but the Rams pulled away again with a 6-2 stretch. With the score 21-18, Jefferson finished off the frame with a 4-1 run to win the set, 25-19.
The score was tied five times in the third with the last being at 10 apiece. At that point, the Rams scored six straight to take over. The Chargers were only able to close the gap to three for the rest of the set as Jefferson clinched the match, 25-16.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- Senior Amber Johnson recorded a team-high nine kills and added three blocks.
- Junior Abigail Kress tallied seven kills while juniors Logan Dontell and Lauren Kloos each had four. Dontell and Kloos also had four blocks apiece.
- Sophomore Molly Hand amassed 21 assists, two service aces and five digs.
- Senior Alexis Leddy totaled 15 digs and senior Mariah Cadzow contributed with six digs, two service aces and two kills.
- It was the third straight-sets victory of the season for the Rams.
Jefferson visits Wilmington (Del.) on Tuesday, October 22 at 7 p.m. The Rams defeated the Wildcats, 3-0 at home on October 2.