PHILADELPHIA – The Thomas Jefferson University volleyball team (17-11, 12-7 CACC) dropped its regular season finale to Felician (15-17, 13-6 CACC), 3-1 on Saturday afternoon.
Senior Alexis Leddy became the Rams' all-time digs leader in the second set of the match. She surpassed Courtney Wensel's record of 1,565 established last season. Leddy ended the match with 20 digs and currently has 1,574 for her career.
The Rams jumped out to a 5-1 lead in the opening set. The score was 11-5 when Jefferson pulled away with an 8-1 run, making the score 19-6. The Golden Falcons were able to cut the deficit to eight before the Rams claimed the set, 25-16.
Trailing 2-0 in the second, Felician went on a 10-0 rally to take control. The Golden Falcons led 23-10 when Jefferson began to rally. The Rams produced nine straight points to close the gap to four. However, Felician recovered to take two of the next three points and win the frame, 25-20.
The Golden Falcons started the third with five of the first six points. Jefferson came within three (7-4) before Felician pulled away with an 11-2 stretch en route to a 25-13 set victory.
In the fourth, the Golden Falcons had a 12-6 advantage. The Rams then had a 10-1 rally to take a 16-13 lead. Trailing 19-18, Felician rattled off six points in a row to bring up match point. After an attack error, the Golden Falcons had a kill to clinch the win, 25-20.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- Junior Lauren Kloos totaled 12 kills and nine digs.
- Junior Cassandra Hickman produced nine kills while senior Amber Johnson and junior Logan Dontell had six apiece. Dontell added five service aces and three blocks.
- Sophomore Molly Hand compiled 32 assists and 10 digs.
- Senior Mariah Cadzow and junior Caitlin Crespo contributed with 11 and 10 digs respectively.
- Cadzow reached 900 career digs in the match.
- Dontell recorded her 600th career kill.
- Kloos had her 300th collegiate dig, including her time at LIU-Post.
Jefferson is the South Division's third seed for the CACC Tournament. The Rams will travel to the North Division's second seed, Caldwell, for the quarterfinals on Tuesday, November 19 at 6 p.m.